Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker container run, container removed before it is started

k.habets June 29, 2020

Hi,

I'm using a Docker task in a Bamboo (7.0.2) plan and running the "run a docker container" option.

It looks like my container is either taking too long for Bamboo to see it as a succesful start or maybe no proper return code (?) because the container is removed straight after the execution of the plan.

I tried to introduce a "wait for service" but I don't really have something to check against so even though the container is then started correctly, the plan will still fail and remove the container.

When I just use a script task and execute the same run, all is fine. This looks like a shortcoming in the Docker tasks.

I would like to use the out of the box tooling so if anyone has a suggestion, it's very welcome! Otherwise I'll stick to a script task.

Regards,

Kamiel.

1 answer

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2020

I suggest that you stick to script task because it is under your control and transparent whereas docker task is a black box. In case something goes wrong, there is no hint for the reason of the failure.

k.habets July 1, 2020

Thanks for your answer, that's what I'm doing now. Still would be nice to have the plugin working properly, else why even bother making plugins? I could just script everything.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events