Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker Runner with services

Mark Kewley March 15, 2018

Hello,

Using the new Docker runner feature in Bamboo 6.4 I would like the ability to attach say a postgres container that runs alongside the build (much like bitbucket-pipelines services concept). A previous answer was given to me using docker-compose but we don't have that option in the UI, we can only provide an image for the build agent to run on. If we could provide the docker-compose.yml file then maybe. Or maybe there is a feature I'm missing with docker compose. Regardless, how can I get another container to run alongside my builds so I may have a database for integration tests.

Thanks!

- Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert W
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 16, 2018

Hey Mark,

At this time, this functionality isn't currently available in the product. However, we do have an open feature request for this here:

Allow Docker Runner to use docker-compose.yml to use multiple containers BAM-19772

Please be sure to watch it, and vote on it, so that you're notified if this is implemented in a future release. For your reference, you can find our policy on how we prioritise feature and improvement requests at [this page|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy]. You can also add a comment to the feature request to explain your specific use-case to the developers.

I have also added a link to this case so that the developers can reference it if necessary.

Cheers,

Robert 

Mark Kewley March 16, 2018

Added more detail as a comment to the ticket, thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events