Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docker Isolated Environment

joshysav September 25, 2019

Currently I am able to run docker containers as a docker task. Now I am trying to get a docker isolated environment working.

For some reason I am not able run a script task.

/tmp/runInDocker1101076931306272719.sh: 4: /tmp/runInDocker1101076931306272719.sh: /var/atlassian/application-data/bamboo/temp/SET-DOC-JOB1-13-ScriptBuildTask-7557055273167378877.sh: not found

My assumption is that the script is being created after the docker container has been created.

Would really appreciate the communities expertise

2 answers

0 votes
joshysav October 22, 2019

Hey Daniel,

I haven't had time to investigate this further. But essentially the issues kept arising whilst trying to use bamboo docker isolated environments whilst running a bamboo instance inside a container. 

In the future I hope to revisit this issue. Thanks for your time!

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

That is so strange, yeah, come back when you have time to investigate this.
Thank you for your reply! =]

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hi @joshysav

I was able to reproduce this scenario by removing the bamboo.tmp.directory volume mounting point from the job docker runner configuration.

I've opened this bug to report this issue:
[BAM-20643] Docker runner: removing bamboo.tmp.directory volume breaks job tasks.

If your problem is exactly the same, please try adding back the volumes needed for the right plan operation.

Go to Job configuration >> Docker >> Volumes and make sure you have the following volumes configured:

|Host directory             |Container directory        |
|${bamboo.tmp.directory} |${bamboo.tmp.directory} |
|${bamboo.working.directory}|${bamboo.working.directory}|

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

joshysav September 27, 2019

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I had these volumes added. But still seem to getting this issue.

com.atlassian.bamboo.docker.DockerException: Error running Docker run command
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.docker.DockerContainerServiceImpl.run(DockerContainerServiceImpl.java:130)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.docker.DockerContainerControllerImpl.startContainerIfRequired(DockerContainerControllerImpl.java:79)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent.build(DefaultBuildAgent.java:174)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.lambda$waitAndPerformBuild$0(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:131)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.variable.CustomVariableContextImpl.withVariableSubstitutor(CustomVariableContextImpl.java:185)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.BuildAgentControllerImpl.waitAndPerformBuild(BuildAgentControllerImpl.java:125)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.agent.DefaultBuildAgent$1.run(DefaultBuildAgent.java:127)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.utils.BambooRunnables$1.run(BambooRunnables.java:48)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWith(ImpersonationHelper.java:26)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWithSystemAuthority(ImpersonationHelper.java:17)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper$1.run(ImpersonationHelper.java:41)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: Error executing /usr/bin/docker exec 68822519-8faa-4245-a2fd-962ec4f8a1e41507330 /tmp/initialiseContainer.sh
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.docker.DockerContainerServiceImpl.execute(DockerContainerServiceImpl.java:302)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.docker.DockerContainerServiceImpl.execute(DockerContainerServiceImpl.java:273)
 at com.atlassian.bamboo.docker.DockerContainerServiceImpl.run(DockerContainerServiceImpl.java:127)
 ... 11 more
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2019

Hi @joshysav

As your logs show the error is different now, which is progress.
Investigating this new error I was able to find a bug:

Can you please confirm if the docker image you are using specifies a user different other then root in the docker file?
This problem was fixed in 6.7.0. Can you share your Bamboo version?

joshysav September 30, 2019

Thanks Daniel.

I am not specifying another user. 

Bamboo version 6.9.2 build 60911

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2019

Hi @joshysav

Is docker runner working with other docker images?
Would you mind checking this?

We might be facing a different issue and isolating the problem will help us to understand what is causing it. It would be even better if we can reproduce it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events