Disabling of notifications of build status to bitbucket for SPECIFIC plans/jobs

Sascha Schünemann October 25, 2018

We want to run tests to check whether our application integrates properly into the surrounding applications.

Since these tests belong to the application, the code is stored together with the application source code. 

But without being able to disable the Bitbucket notification for the bamboo plan performing these tests, we will have situations where a failing test due to issues with an external application might block our development team from performing a pull request.

I have already found two feature requests in the Bamboo Bug Tracker but since these are quite old I was hoping that someone might have found a solution to this issue.

The only solution I came up with is to use a dedicated integration-test  branch and keep it aligned with the development branch.

3 answers

0 votes
Sascha Schünemann November 6, 2018

But I have found a hacky solution for the issue:

When using the git binary from within a script task, I can perform a checkout of the repo without creating the link between the build and the bitbucket server.

Not necessary an elegant solution, but it does solve our issue

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2018

You can use Repository Type "Git" instead of "Bitbucket Server/Stash" to achieve the same result

0 votes
Sascha Schünemann November 6, 2018

We use Bitbucket and Bamboo as one tenant within a large enterprise. This means we cannot disable the Application Link between both servers.

In addition, tests should be performed during the day at request of the application development team.

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2018

How about deleting the Application Link in both servers during the test and then recreate it later?

Since all the build status will not be sent to Bitbucket Server, you will have to perform the test during the off working hour.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events