Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable planbranch cleanup in database for specific branches

HeWi May 19, 2022

As I've learned so far (Planbranch cleanup option in database), the planbranch setting "Clean up plan branch automatically" is stored in the Bamboo database in the table BUILD_DEFINITION (column: XML_DEFINITION_DATA):

<cleanup><disabled>true</disabled></cleanup>

With the column being an NTEXT column, it is kind of laborious, if the switch would have to be toggled, I would have to work with temporary tables, doing casting, etc.

Isn't there an easier way to disable the setting "Clean up plan branch automatically" (i.e. the XML_DEFINITION_DATA value) automatically for specific branch types (i.e. bugfix/)?

Both two expiry settings need to be taken into consideration:

• cleanup due to git delete branch
  • cleanup due to branch inactivity

Is the only chance to look for bugfix/ branches in the tables and set disabled to true in the XML?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

Hello @HeWi,

Unfortunately, a programmatic way to enable/disable the branch cleanup is not available in Bamboo.

Please check the following feature request for more details. Make sure to follow and vote it so you'll get notified of any future implementations of it. You can even add your specific case as a comment; that will help the developers prioritise it and consider it as a candidate.

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

HeWi May 20, 2022

Hello @Eduardo Alvarenga ,

that's what I did guess, but very interesting to see, that others have already thought about the same problem, thanks for the link to the feature request. Unfortunately I don't have much hope, only 7 Watchers, created in 2017 already, not many responses, but nonetheless I did add a comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events