Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable build for master branch

filipekberg April 11, 2018

I've got two build plans for the same repository, an app:

1. Build & Deploy when commit to master

2. Build & Test when commit to feature/.*

The problem for me is that BOTH plans run when I commit to master, is there a way for me to disable the plan for master on the second build plan?

I tried adding master as a "plan branch" and set it to not enabled, but that didn't help, it built it anyways.

Suggestions? Running bamboo version 5.14.

1 answer

1 vote
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

I assume your 'master' plan of the 2nd build is configured to build 'master' branch of the repository, right?

If that's the case simply go to plan details of the 'master' plan and disable the plan. This is counter-intuitive, but all it does is it disables building of the 'master' plan but it doesn't not disable the plan branches. The branch detection will continue to work and branches will be built. But the 'master' plan won't.

filipekberg April 12, 2018

It does detect the new branch, but since "master" is the branch parent, the newly created feature branches are disabled by default and not automatically enabled.

Have a look at the attached screenshot. It says that the entire plan is disabled, therefore the automatically detected branches will also be disabled.

Is there a way to fix that?

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.05.28 AM.png

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2018
Like Edward_Burns likes this
Joseph Husby January 14, 2019

Another way to accomplish this, in theory, would be to change the base branch of the plan to something other than 'master'.  @Marcin Gardias is there a way to change the base branch of a plan?  I am very curious...

mohnid February 11, 2019

Disabling the Master plan will not impact the creation of branch planes. The plan is created and executed (first build for this plan). But it actually does nothing if the parent plan is disabled.

I tried adding the master branch as a branch plan and disabling it but this does not work. 

@Marcin Gardias the bug mentioned may have fixed the branch creation, but it didn't fix the execution.

edit: seems to work most of the time, couldn't find why sometimes it does not run the maven task

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events