Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Development] In Bamboo Plugin, how to consume REST API call for developed plugin

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2019

I have developed a bamboo plugin, as per the tutorial i can access the rest url when using 

atlas-run
http://<host>:5990/refapp/rest/myrestresource/1.0/message

But now i have installed the plugin to my bamboo instance, how can i access the rest url of my plugin. i am tyring to access it using url as 

http://localhost:8085/bamboo/rest/myrestresource/1.0/message

not its showing me page not found error.

/**
* A resource of message.
*/
@Path("/message")
public class MyRestResource {

@GET
@AnonymousAllowed
@Produces({MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON, MediaType.APPLICATION_XML})
public Response getMessage()
{
return Response.ok(new MyRestResourceModel("Hello World")).build();
}
}

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<atlassian-plugin key="${atlassian.plugin.key}" name="${project.name}" plugins-version="2">
<plugin-info>
<description>${project.description}</description>
<version>${project.version}</version>
<vendor name="${project.organization.name}" url="${project.organization.url}"/>
<param name="plugin-icon">images/pluginIcon.png</param>
<param name="plugin-logo">images/pluginLogo.png</param>
</plugin-info>
<!-- add our i18n resource -->
<resource type="i18n" name="i18n" location="RestAPI"/>
<!-- add our web resources -->
<web-resource key="RestAPI-resources" name="RestAPI Web Resources">
<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>
<resource type="download" name="RestAPI.css" location="/css/RestAPI.css"/>
<resource type="download" name="RestAPI.js" location="/js/RestAPI.js"/>
<resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images"/>
<context>RestAPI</context>
</web-resource>
<rest name="My Rest Resource" i18n-name-key="my-rest-resource.name" key="my-rest-resource" path="/myrestresource" version="1.0">
<description key="my-rest-resource.description">The My Rest Resource Plugin</description>
</rest>
</atlassian-plugin>

1 answer

1 vote
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2019

Hi @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) ,

Could you please confirm the plugin you have installed is enabled under Bamboo administration >> Manage Add-ons? If you open Bamboo logs (e.g <bamboo-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log or <bamboo-install>/logs/catalina.out) search for your plugin groupId property described in pom.xml - check if there are any error(s) whilst loading the plugin.

Have you created your plugin using atlas-create-refapp-plugin or atlas-create-bamboo-plugin? Is it possible to mare your source code available on https://bitbucket.org or GitHub for review?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2019

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes , plugin is enabled on Bamboo , i verified and in logs everything is fine. 

I crated using " atlas-create-refapp-plugin", its working on JIRA and i can access the rest url in JIRA.

But in Bamboo i can't , i tried even using the Rest Browser plugin, but no url found.

Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2019

Hi @Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master) ,

Thank you for your reply.

At this moment, it is difficult to troubleshoot this issue without looking at the source code, I am afraid. Based on what you have provided you should be able to access the endpoint mentioned, however, the 404 suggests the plugin is not working as expected. 

Please, have a look if all modules for your plugin are enabled - specially the one that relates to your rest api, e.g My Rest Resource. You can review this information from the same place mentioned previously - Bamboo administration >> Manage Add-ons - then search for your plugin and expand it to review its modules.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2019

I even tried the default settings, once project was created by atlassian command i just installed the plugin with same settings as it is but no success 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events