Developer not getting notifications

I have one developer (eas) that is not getting notified when they break a build since changing from JIRA handling the users to Crowd.

I have the bamboo plan set to trigger a build when a developer checks in new code. The Bamboo plan is set to send notifications if a build fails.

One clue to this may be that if I go to any build that the developer has triggered by checking in code and clicking on his name I get this error message.

Unable to find the user. The username ed may be incorrect.

I am thinking bamboo is using the same routines to look up the user to send notifications.

Along those lines I peeked into the database (MS SQL 2005) that bamboo uses and found these two records in the AUTHOR table.

AUTHOR_IDLINKED_USER_NAMEAUTHOR_NAME

4456450 ed eas

6356997 eas eas@ed-0001.onedomain.com

And when I do this select

SELECT *

FROM bamboo . dbo . USER_COMMIT

WHERE AUTHOR_ID = 4456450

I get a couple hundred records of his commits

And when I do this select

SELECT *

FROM bamboo . dbo . USER_COMMIT

WHERE AUTHOR_ID = 6356997

I don't get a single record.

So it looks to me that all his commits are being logged as ed and not eas so he is not getting any notifications.

What do I need to do in order for eas to start getting his notifications?

1 answer

Hi Kurt,

This problem sounds a little complicated to answer on Atlassian Answers. If you open a support request we could have one of our support engineers look at this for you ASAP.

Thanks

James

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,562 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you