Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying .Net core application using Bamboo

Sanjay June 3, 2019

Hi,

I have a .net core application that I build using bamboo successfully. But now whenever I try to deploy it using bamboo, I am getting

Error Code: ERROR_SITE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

More Information: Site 'Default Web Site' does not exist. Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_SITE_DOES_NOT_EXIST.

Error count: 1.

I want to deploy this application as a web site and not as a web application. Am I missing some setting?

Regards

Sanjay Shenvekar

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

Hi @Sanjay,

It sounds like you are trying to do a web deploy of your site using Bamboo.  If I remember correctly the site needs to exist before you can web deploy to it.  So you either need to incorperate that as a task (a check to see if the site exists and create it if it doesn't).  Or you will need to make sure to create the website head of letting Bamboo run the deployment job.

I hope that helps.

-James

Sanjay June 3, 2019

I am running below inline query as the script to deploy the application on IIS

"C:\Program Files\IIS\Microsoft Web Deploy V3\msdeploy.exe" -verb:sync -source:package="${bamboo.build.working.directory}\****.zip" -dest:auto,ComputerName="destserver/MsDeployAgentService",AuthType='NTLM'

The site is already exist on the destination server with the application pool.

The only thing I am expecting here is to deploy the published contents into the specific folder.

Although I don't know how to mention the exact folder in the script above

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2019

Hi @Sanjay,

We always use the <Package_Name>.deploy.cmd file that gets included in the zip package when we publish the web deploy package locally instead of performing it the way you have listed above.

Based on the error what you might want to check is to make sure that the user account that is running the Bamboo server service has the proper access rights to the destination web server since that is the user that will be running this job.  That might be a reason you are seeing that the site doesn't exist.

I hope that helps.

-James

Sanjay June 4, 2019

Hi James,

I am the admin and I do all the deployment on servers (including prod deployments). hence the access should not be an issue

Of course the Default web site is not there. As I mentioned earlier, i would like to create a Web site and not a web application inside default web site

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events