Deploy trigger based on regex-created build branch?

I have my build plan setup to auto create branches that match a regex (such as 'release-xx' or 'hotfix-xx') however I don't see how I can automatically deploy those branches which Bamboo is adding via regex? The Deploy triggers on successful builds seems to require an exact branch name...

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Well, Bamboo doesn't allow automated creation/deploying of Deployments for new branches. I'm not really sure how your workflow works - can you provide more details on that?

I think that creating/deploying automatically would be a mess: these deployments would overwrite deployments from other branches in an uncontrollable way.

We have this need for NuGet packages.

We want to be able to trigger deployments for alpha (development), beta (release/*), and production (master) channels.

We're stuck on the beta releases for this very issue.

I have the same problem/question. I would like to add a trigger for an automatically created plan branch.

Our team is working as described in the GIT workflow: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/comparing-workflows/gitflow-workflow

We need it for the release branches. There is only one active release branch at a time. The plan branch is created automatically, and any pushes to it should trigger a deployment. For now, we are adding a trigger for each release manually. But it would be handy to have this automated.

It would be nice to be able to use a wildcard/regex in the trigger configuration, as it is possible for the creation of plan branches. Something like "release/\d+.\d+" or "release/*"

Kind Regards

This is an opened feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15155

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

87 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you