Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Tomcat Application snapshot artifacts

Nathan Wilhelmi May 1, 2012

Hello,

We are using the deploy tomcat app to deploy nightly builds (snapshots). The war file gets saved as an artifact with the name product-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Is there any to get this to be version agnostic? I would like to do: product-*.war, it's the only artifact but it won't work. I would rather not have to update builds when the version number changes.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Why not use a script task that runs before the Tomcat deployment task to copy or move the file from product-X.Y-SNAPSHOT.war to product.war?

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

You will need to use Artifact Sharing to download the artifact to the local directory.

Artifact sharing is enabled, that is how I moved it into the artifacts directory, perhaps I need to call it something else?

That would work, how do get the reference to the artifact directory?

mv ./artifacts/product*.war ./artifacts/product.war

Doesn't work....

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

How does the move fail? It cant find the file?

Nathan Wilhelmi May 7, 2012

The problem appears to be using the directory name 'artifacts' once I change it to something else it worked fine.

Thanks!

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

How does the move fail? It cant find the file?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events