Dependent jars for bamboo plugin not copied to remote agent

Deleted user July 5, 2017

I am developing a plugin to manipulate resources in Azure.  This requires the use of several java libraries that implement the Azure API for Java.  These are defined as dependencies in my POM.xml file, and in my eclipse environment, they are visible to the compiler.

However, when running the plugin on a remote agent, the azure jar files are not available, though they have been before.

What would cause these jars to no longer be available on the remote agent?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Jim,

What are you running on the remote agent, e.g. build plan or deployment project?

Also where are the jar files coming from, e.g. another build, are they artifacts, etc.?

In addition, can you please provide:

• The steps to reproduce
  • If they are artifacts, please confirm they are shared

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user July 14, 2017

Thanks for the response, Brandon.

I am running a build plan on the remote agent, and the jar files I need are defined as dependencies in my pom.xml file for the plugin.  

The plugin is designed to allow the use of cloud resources (specifically Azure) in our Bamboo builds.  This requires the use of Java libraries that implement the Azure api, callable from java.  They are downloaded into my maven repository and unpacked in place if needed when I run Bamboo to work on the plugin.

I have discovered that when this happens, I can navigate to my      "<plugin>/target/dependency-maven-plugin-markers" directory and remove the markers, which causes the next build of my plugin to unpack the libraries again, and this has proven effective in working around this issue.

I am still curious as to why this may be happening periodically in my atlassian plugin development environment.  Unfortunately, I don't have any specific steps to reproduce the problem.

Jim

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

if you want to use some classes as part your plugin code they should included into your jar file and declared on MANIFEST.MF. 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12384417/how-to-include-external-jars-in-maven-jar-build-process

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events