Default Trigger on Plan Branches Edited

We have one Develop pipeline which is configured to monitor develop branch in BB.

BB.develop -> Bamboo.DEVELOP

We created another pipe line to watch (feature/* branches). We created this as a separate pipeline so that different stages and tasks can be set up on this compared to Develop pipe.  

BB.feature/* -> Bamboo.FEATURE

But on the feature pipe, the default repository is DEVELOP (as we can't chose one particular feature branch). And then we have enabled setting to "Create Plan branches for matching new branches" and put (feature/.+) as the match name.

Is there a way I can make the Feature pipe build ONLY when a feature branch is updated? Right now Feature pipe builds when develop branch gets updated.

Or is there a different strategy to use for our usecase?

1 answer

0 votes

You can disable Bamboo.FEATURE plan. It will disable builds on develop branch, but continue detect new branches and create plan branches and run them. So main plan will be disabled, but plan branches will be operational

Thanks Alexey. This is working

Alexey.. this is now implemented and problem is solved. But is this the right approach? Its a little weird that the "active" plans are marked disabled. Or do you suggest any other way to address our usecase (by not going for this multi plan strategy)?  Or can we make a request to build a new feature in Bamboo to give a checkbox for - make the plan build only for plan branch changes? 

Yes, I'm agree it looks weird, but it's current UI which some day will be fixed to divide master plan state from plan state

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

322 views 0 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you