Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating builds on windows machine in the same vpc as the bamboo server running on unix

Steven Corpus March 10, 2023

I have access to a bamboo server on aws. I need to perform windows builds, so I plan to have a windows machine in the same vpc that will perform the builds. What would be the steps I need to get the Bamboo to build on the windows machine? Would I work with a remote agent? Should I try to configure elastic bamboo?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2023

Hello @Steven Corpus

You can choose to either use a Remote Agent running Windows or Elastic Agents using Windows AMIs.

The decision will be more related to your company's policy than from a technical perspective.

• Remote Agents: Will run on Java 8 or 11 on any Windows version that supports it. You will be responsible for the operating system installation and update. These are long-term instances
  • Elastic Bamboo: EC2 instances that use Atlassian Bamboo stock Windows AMIs which may not suit you due to missing dependencies, so you will have to create a custom image. These agents are ephemeral, meaning they will be terminated once they are considered idle and not required any longer

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events