Create a release from Git tag

Martin Lukes January 30, 2020

Is it possible to create a release from Git tag on some commit? So far Bamboo offers just branches.

Snímek z 2020-01-30 13-23-54.png

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

It is absolutely possible to create an automation rule with A4J and Better DevOps Automation which:

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Martin Lukes 

I see there is an open feature request for the same. Please feel free to upvote and add your use case there.

Cheers, Jey

lukesm01 February 2, 2020

Hi @Jeyanthan I 

The linked ticket is about the reverse process (create Git tag from release) then I asked for (create release from Git tag).

But thanks for your effort

Like Sergey likes this
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Ah, my bad.  Thanks for clarifying, @lukesm01 I can create a new feature request for this. For that, I will need to understand how you would like this feature to work.

Currently, plan branches are created based on branches in the repository only and not based on tags. Until then, even if you had an option to choose a Git tag while creating a new release, you will not have any builds associated with it.

When there are no builds associated with a build, there will not be anything to deploy. Did I get it right? Please share your views on how you envision Bamboo to work in this scenario.

Cheers,
Jey

Sergey April 17, 2023

Just try gitlab and do the same.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events