Connection to Postgres in Docker container closed unexpectedly

Deleted user January 17, 2017

In the plan job I run a Docker container with Postgres 9.6, expose the port and try to run a psql command on the DB, but I get the following error:

psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly

I did SSH into the machine hosting Bamboo and tried to do all of this manually - run the container and execute a psql command against it - and it worked...

Here's my Docker container task config:

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 23.18.34.png

and the command I try to run is: psql -h localhost -p 8019 -U postgres -c \"CREATE DATABASE sensordata_test\"

Actually the psql command is executed through an npm script, which is setup in the package.json of the project. So I actually do npm run init-test-db, where this "init-test-db" script actually holds the psql command. But that doesn't matter, because running the script works fine. What is bugging is the connection to the DB.

1 answer

0 votes
daviscodesbugs February 24, 2017

I've had a similar problem, running postgres in a container and can connect to it with pgAdmin. I'm attempting to create a couple databases with a script.
When I run `createdb -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres mydatabase` in the shell, it works fine. (I have credentials saved in `.pgpass`), however, when the script runs the same command, it doesn't work.
Will notify if I make any progress. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events