Connect to Bitbucket repo on Bamboo build via composer

Hi,

I need ability to connect to our Bitbucket account on the bamboo build server that is fired up. Steps I have taken so far:

1. Logged on to initial build server and created a public/private ssh encrypted key
  2. Created a 'shared credentials' on bamboo and added the private key to this
  3. Created a 'deployment key' on Bitbucket for the repo i want to connect to, in this deployment key i have put the public key that I generated on the initial server

This doesn't give me access, i'm pretty sure what i'm doing above is incorrect, any suggestions?

Kevin 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Do you need to connect from the Bamboo Server itself from a build agent running a build plan?  Setting up SSH on the server will not automatically let an agent connect.  What are you trying to do exactly?

This answer may help you: how to run "git clone" in an inline script

We are running composer on our build server which installs a number of repo's from our private repositories.

The build server is an elastic agent and we have multiple ones, each time a build server is booted up its a brand new build server, so therefore there is no public/private key.

Therefore when we run composer to connect to our private repo there is no key to use in order to authenticate.

i want every build server we boot up to have access to our private repo via composer.

I thought using shared credentials was teh way forward for this but can't seem to get that.

Another way forward seems to be creating a EBS snapshot which has the private key on.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

125 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you