Configuring a git merge driver for Bamboo to use during branch updater operations?

When using the Bamboo branch updater functionality I am constantly getting failed builds due to git merge conflicts in a file that contains the application version number.

On developer PC's this is avoided through the use of a custom merge driver to always select the local copy of the file when a conflict is detected

This is done by defining a gitattributes file within the repository, and within this file defining a custom merge driver (called "ours") as such:

version.txt merge=ours

Then on the developers PC by running the command:

git config --global merge.ours.driver true

The global .gitconfig file on the PC then shows:

[merge "ours"]
	driver = true

How can I configure Bamboo's Git capability to to observe a custom merge driver when the branch updater performs a merge?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I am searching for a solution to the exact same problem - any joy?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Data Center

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, enterprise enthusiast and Head of Server at Atlassian. AMA!

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. At our European Summit just a few weeks ago, I spoke about the latest regarding our Server and Data center products and o...

19,242 views 4 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you