Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration changes to disable checkboxes in permission tab in Bamboo?

varun korde November 20, 2013

Hi,

Is there any xml file or configuration file where i can change such that it will automatically disable the checkbox in permission tab in bamboo.

Currently for 700 build plans i'm manually unchecking in permission tab of bamboo build plan.

And also i need to know what builds plans are disabled in bamboo through some xml or configuration file instead of checking GUI, so that it will helpful for me in doing some automation.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
varun korde November 20, 2013

In Builk edit plan permission window, we don't know which builds are disabled and which builds are enabled,

Actually in my project there are 800 build plans, out of it, approx around 200 build plans are enabled and rest of all are disabled,

I need to hide all disabled build plans,

For that, in dashboard im going plan by plan for disabled, and changing permission,

Is there any xml file or configuration file where i can get all disabled build plans or any database query?

Thanks for your support in advance.

PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hm, I see. So, from what I understand you're trying to 'archivize' the plans. Sort of. Interesting.

I imagine you could retrieve the list of the disabled build plans by examining your "BUILD" table in your database. I believe that table stores information about your plans (like planKey, the name) including 'suspended_from_building' flag - which I presume defines whether the plan is enabled/disabled).

Also, I think you could retrieve the list of disabled plans by Bamboo REST api. For example following query should return you the list of your main plans with information whether plan is enabled - you would just need to parse the response:

http://my.bamboo.com:8085/rest/api/latest/plan?max-results=10000

I'm not sure how you could use that data later for removing 'view' permissions for all disabled plans (in some automated way...). Maybe you would have to manually review the above results and use "Bulk edit plan permissions"?

Is that helpful to you?

0 votes
PiotrA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Varun,

For the permission manipulation question: have you considered using "Bulk edit plan permissions" in the Bamboo -> Admin -> Plans -> Bulk edit plan permissions? And if it isn't suitable for your needs, could you explain a little bit more what are you trying to achieve and why "Bulk edit plan permissions" is not enough?

regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events