Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional task replacement issue

Robert_Blij
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2021

I have a strange scenario I am struggling to figure out. 

I have two sequential conditional tasks on a build plan.  The condition is on a Bitbucket variable coming in to the build called bamboo.repository.pr.key

The first step I check if it exists, if it does the command runs with the variable being substituted with the actual key from Bitbucket and the command runs fine.

The second step I check if it does not exist and I run a build on the base branch using a different variable.

Interesting once the variable is substituted in the first step, the second conditional does not find it and therefore also runs instead of being skipped.

This is the log where you can see it being odd, the condition all of a sudden says that variable does not exist.

simple  11-Mar-2021 14:40:21    All conditions for task 'Sonar Scan PR' were met. Conditions: Variable bamboo.repository.pr.key exists

command 11-Mar-2021 14:40:21    Substituting variable: ${bamboo.repository.pr.key} with 19

command 11-Mar-2021 14:40:21    Substituting variable: ${bamboo.repository.pr.sourceBranch} with feature/SonarBuildTest

command 11-Mar-2021 14:40:21    Substituting variable: ${bamboo.repository.pr.targetBranch} with dev

***<logs cut here>***

simple  11-Mar-2021 14:41:16    All conditions for task 'Sonar Scan Branch' were met. Conditions: Variable bamboo.repository.pr.key not exists

command 11-Mar-2021 14:41:16    Substituting variable: ${bamboo.repository.git.branch} with feature/SonarBuildTest

Does the variable only become available to the job if it is referenced in the argument?  That is the only thing I can think of apart from it being a bug (or something I am overlooking of course)

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2021

Don't use "bamboo." prefix and see how it goes

Robert_Blij
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2021

Many thanks Alexey that worked.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events