Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coded UI Tests on Bamboo On-Demand

chris spencer October 6, 2014
I'm using Visual Studio 2013 to create Coded UI Tests and would like to get them running with Bamboo On-Demand. Note that I don't use TFS (Team Foundation Server).
I have tried using the 'MS Test Runner' and calling MsTest.exe and vstest.command.exe directly. With each one I get this error "To run tests that interact with the desktop, you must set up the test agent to run as an interactive process."
I can remote desktop into the elastic image and successfully run the tests from the command prompt. It just seems to be an issue when the tests are ran from a build plan. Presumably because mstest doesn't run as an interactive process. But as far as I can see you can't just make an executable run in interactive mode. A service perhaps.

Has anyone been able to get Coded UI Tests running from a build plan? If so have you any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? I know there is such a thing as the Microsoft Test Agent but this is a TFS thing I think and can't be called from the command line?

2 answers

1 vote
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2014

We're using the Telerik Test Framework, running MSTest, and have Bamboo locally (not on-demand) but this may help. For Windows, any version past Server 2003, the service must run as the Local System Account and have "Allow service to interact with desktop"  selected. Prior and including 2003, you could select a similar feature but for any user. You will likely need to restart the service as well.

Capture.PNG

chris spencer October 7, 2014

Thanks for the advice. However, it doesn't look like bamboo on-demand makes that particular service accessible to the end user. Most of the infrastructure is managed by Atlassian themselves and the VM that I get to customise is just a temporary workspace for the builds.

0 votes
Damon Groenveld May 13, 2015

If you look at the documentation for creating a custom elastic image (windows) there are some expandable sections that include the information required to allow desktop interaction.

The documentation is available here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOOCLOUD/Creating+a+custom+elastic+image+-+Windows 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events