Clover/Bamboo - java 1.8 issues (linux vs windows)

Jeff Stein October 2, 2014

I'm having issues tracking down a curious problem with clover & bamboo.  

1) I setup a project in bamboo to run mvn clean test

2) After a successful run I then modified my plan to add the Clover support

3) Clover support failed - I looked at the logs to see what it was trying to do and found the command line:

/opt/software/apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn -X clean com.atlassian.maven.plugins::maven-clover2-plugin:setup verify com.atlassian.maven.plugins::maven-clover2-plugin:aggregate com.atlassian.maven.plugins::maven-clover2-plugin:clover -Dmaven.clover.generateJson=false -Dmaven.clover.licenseLocation=/var/lib/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DJ-DM-JOB1/.clover/clover.license

So this command (or an equivilent command) runs fine on windows.  On Linux i'm getting an error with lambda which implies to me its not using the correct JDK 1.8 -> but when I ran without clover everything was fine.  

[ERROR] /var/lib/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DJ-DM-JOB1/disJockeyClient/target/clover/src-instrumented/infr/audio/gui/impl/BogusRadioUi.java:[220,-1]
1. ERROR in /var/lib/bamboo/bamboo-home/xml-data/build-dir/DJ-DM-JOB1/disJockeyClient/target/clover/src-instrumented/infr/audio/gui/impl/BogusRadioUi.java (at line 220)
__CLR4_0_13un3uni0schsyi.R.inc(5057);frequencyIds.forEach(__CLR4_0_13un3uni0schsyi.lambdaInc(5058,frequencyId -> frequencyIdOptions.add(frequencyId),5059));
^^^^^^^
The method forEach(Object) is undefined for the type Collection<FrequencyId>

Any suggestions as to two to get this working on linux?

2 answers

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2014

A workaround to make your code compile-able is to disable instrumentation of expression-like lambda functions. Use the instrumentLambda=block or instrumentLambda=none. https://docs.atlassian.com/maven-clover2-plugin/latest/setup-mojo.html#instrumentLambda

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2014

Hi Jeff. This is a very interesting case. Could you tell me what exact versions of Java do you use on Linux and Windows?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events