Checkout from repository based on a dynamic tag i.e) parameterized checkout

Hi I have a project A and a project B ('project' as in normal sense of the word - not a bamboo project per se). Project B depends on project A's libraries and source. So I have setup a plan with 2 jobs that run in stages. Job 1 checks out project A, builds it, creates a jar artifact and makes its libraries and the jar available as shared artifacts. Job 2 checks out project B, builds it, consumes the artifacts of job 1. Now, project B contains a manifest file which describes which cvs tag version of project A it requires. As such, I've setup the following ant property in project B's build file:
<project name="projectB" basedir=".">
<loadproperties srcfile="/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF" />
<property name="CVS-Required-ProjectA-Version" value="${Required-ProjectA-Version}"/>
</project>

And under job 1's source repository tab, under the Branch/Tag Name field, I've put: ${bamboo.CVS-Required-ProjectA-Version}. The build fails miserably and a popup comes up telling me that I'm a dumb dumb in bold caps with several ensuing exclamation marks. I didn't think it would work as I figured Bamboo wouldn't know where or how to resolve 'CVS-Required-ProjectA-Version' but I couldn't find any real docs or help. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

Please Note that job 1 is using the build file from project A and job 2 is using the build file from project B. The cvs tag is defined in project B's build file but the checkout for project A is defined in the source repository section of job 1 for project A. (Hope that makes sense!) So I need for that ant property to be read within job 1 - or some other solution that makes sense.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot