Changed a Bamboo password variable but build does not reflect change - uses old value

I have setup a Bamboo password. I have changed the password but when i do a build I still get the old value. Is there something I need to do after making a change to a variable after saving it? 

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I tested changing the variable in my test plan and it worked. Difference - My production plan has a trigger that polls every 3 minutes and my test plan has no trigger defined. I think that has something to do with it. In any case I now have a work around. Thank you to all. 

Hello Allison,

Thank you for your question.

What is the Bamboo version you are currently running?

I have setup a Bamboo password.

Where did you set up a Bamboo password?

I have changed the password but when i do a build I still get the old value.

How are you changing the password?

Please, attach a screenshot to illustrate locations  to the inquires above.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

Thanks Rafael,

I am using Bamboo  5.7.2 build. I created password variables in the variables tab of my plan. I named my variables, for example:

xx_password

I don't believe I have had this issue before but something that is different from other password variables is that this one is all numbers whereas others are alphanumeric. 

I appreciate any help. Full disclosure: I am a Bamboo newbie.

Allison

Daniel Wester Community Champion Mar 16, 2015

Make sure you run a new build after changing the plan configuration. If you rerun a build - the previous configuration that was configured when the build was triggered will be used.

Thanks Daniel. I was doing a new build but I will file away that advice on a rerun. Good to know. Allison

Hello Allison, Thank you for your update. Ok, you have created a Bamboo variable under your Plan configuration (Defining plan variables - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Defining+plan+variables). Could you please let me know where are you calling this variable? If possible, could you attach a screenshot as suggested in previous message? — Kind regards, Rafael P. Sperafico Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

122 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you