Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch-22 with bamboo java specs, gitflow and branch updater

Matthias Kannenberg March 1, 2018

I'm running in a catch-22 when trying to create a gitflow-kind-of project with java specs.

I want to create a build plan through java specs with the following properties:

Main branch for build plan: master (must be master as the main branch can not use the branch updater)

Custom Plan branch: 'develop' using the branch updater to auto merge from master

Automatically created plan branches: use branch updater to auto merge from develop

The Problem:

- Bamboo requires plan branches, not git branches for the branch updater

- The branch updater config needs to point to the 'develop' plan branch for correct merging

- I can not create the develop plan branch through java specs

- I can not change the branch updater source branch when the build plan is under control of the java specs

I tried to work around this by using the plankey and adding a "0" to reference the first plan branch (as plan branch keys are the plan keys + an iterator) but this results in a catch-22 where the java specs can not create the build plan because the plan branch is missing and I can not create the plan branch because the build plan is missing. Funny enough, this works for existing projects where the first plan branch was created.

Is there any way to get this working?

1 answer

1 vote
Matthias Kannenberg March 1, 2018

I found a really strange workaround:

If I create a project manually with the same name and key as the java specs would create, manually create the develop plan branch and then run the java specs again, the existing projects gets taken over by the java specs and gets properly configured..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events