Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open file from bamboo but works on the server

Some Guy May 8, 2018

Hello,

I'm making a build plan that consists so far of a build plan that launches a jmeter test. But i encounter a problem where the command works when i test it directly on the server, but it doesn't work when i test from bamboo. 

It says that it cannot open a certain file, that file is on another server. Once again if i execute the same command int the server's cmd it works...

The command:

C:/Jmeter/apache-jmeter-3.3/bin/jmeter.bat -J jmeter.save.saveservice.output_format=xml -n -t H:/test/restTest.jmx -l  C:/UserTemp/result.jtl

On Bamboo this command outputs:

Could not open H:/test/restTest.jmx

And if i try directly on the server the test passes with an OK status.

I tried stopping bamboo and starting it with "Run As Administrator" but i got the same result could no open.

On the other server i've set that file to full control for everyone and same result from bamboo.

Am i missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2018

Hi Some Guy,

I'm assuming the H: is a mapped network drive. It looks like this drive is not available for the user you're using to start Bamboo or the remote agent.

Have you tried adding a script task right before this task to mount the H: drive during the build execution? It should be something like this:

net use H: \\<SERVER NAME>\<share name>

thanks.

Some Guy May 9, 2018

This worked. Thanks!

I needed a if exist aswell or the second run will trigger an error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events