Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download Bamboo remote agent jar

runnerpaul October 20, 2020

I'm trying to download the Bamboo Remote Agent Jar to my agent server but when I click the download link I get this error page:

Internal server error
Go to...
Site homepage
A system error has occurred - our apologies!
Please create a problem report on our support system at https://support.atlassian.com with the following information:

a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
cut & paste the error and system information found below
attach the atlassian-bamboo.log log file found in your application home.
We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!
Version: 7.1.3
Build: 70121
Build Date: 15 Oct 2020

Request information:
Request URL: http://server_ip/500.action
Scheme: http
Server: server_ip
Port: 80
URI: /500.action
Context path:
Servlet path: /500.action
Path info:
Query string:
Stack Trace:

io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected exception
    at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:156)
    at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:116)
    at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.ResettableLazyReference.get(ResettableLazyReference.java:95)
    at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.classserver.AgentInstallerServlet.doGet(AgentInstallerServlet.java:117)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:626)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:733)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
    at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at 
io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Sync.run(LazyReference.java:332) at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:150) ... 163 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected exception at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.BambooObjectUtils.asRuntimeException(BambooObjectUtils.java:119) at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.classserver.ClasspathDiscovererImpl.createJarFromResource(ClasspathDiscovererImpl.java:169) at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.classserver.ClasspathDiscovererImpl.discoverClasspath(ClasspathDiscovererImpl.java:91) at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.classserver.AgentClassServerImpl$1.create(AgentClassServerImpl.java:83) at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.classserver.AgentClassServerImpl$1.create(AgentClassServerImpl.java:78) at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.ResettableLazyReference$InternalReference.create(ResettableLazyReference.java:185) at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Sync.run(LazyReference.java:332) at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:150) ... 176 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not create file: c:\Program Files\Bamboo\temp\jarFromResource4243020160613851350.jar at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.SecureTemporaryFiles.createSecureTempFile(SecureTemporaryFiles.java:255) at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.SecureTemporaryFiles.createPath(SecureTemporaryFiles.java:211) at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.SecureTemporaryFiles.create(SecureTemporaryFiles.java:206) at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.classserver.ClasspathDiscovererImpl.createJarFromResource(ClasspathDiscovererImpl.java:153) ... 182 more Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: c:\Program Files\Bamboo\temp\jarFromResource4243020160613851350.jar at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:83) at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97) at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:102) at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:230) at java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:361) at java.nio.file.Files.createFile(Files.java:632) at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.SecureTemporaryFiles.createSecureTempFile(SecureTemporaryFiles.java:250) ... 185 more

How can I get this downloaded?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2020

Hi @runnerpaul , 

The exception Could not create file: c:\Program Files\Bamboo\temp\jarFromResource4243020160613851350.jar denotes that the user as which you are running Bamboo doesn't have permission to write to the temp directory.

We usually see these problems when you start Bamboo with different user (therefore different permissions). If you are starting Bamboo as a service, please switch the service to run as the local user as detailed below

Ensure that the local user has read/write access to C:\Program Files\Bamboo\temp\ directory.

You may also start Bamboo via bin/start-bamboo.bat to overcome this issue.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jey

runnerpaul October 20, 2020

@Jeyanthan I I changed that to my Administrator user which I'm currently using. Now the service won't stay up long enough for me to even connect to the site.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events