Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to Bamboo

Daniele De Francesco March 23, 2018

I posted this question as a Jira issue because I'm not able to find the SEN for Bamboo since I can't log in.

The environment consists in a Bamboo instance, a Jira instance and a Stash instance. These services are hosted on the same machine, Jira runs on the host system while bamboo runs inside a docker container.

Everything worked fine up to this morning, when I create a new repository, a new Build plan and a new deploy.

An error while running the new Build Plan caused the application to fail and the container to stop.

My problem is that now Bamboo can not interact with Jira anymore. This is the exception:

Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. Go to JIRA home
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:490)
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.andReceive(RestExecutor.java:344)
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.searchGroupNames(RestCrowdClient.java:562)
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.atlassianuser.UserGroupFetcher.fetch(UserGroupFetcher.java:36)
    at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.atlassianuser.UserGroupCache.fetchAndSetSnapshot(UserGroupCache.java:90)
    ... 10 more

I checked the bamboo application IP and is the same as before, and I checked the application links in the jira settings and the IPs are correct and the check box for outgoing and incoming connections are both checked.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

Hi,

This kind of error means that Bamboo is not able to communicate with the user server that Jira is hosting.  This is not the same as an application link.   But depending on if application links still appear to work might help us better understand the networking happening between the Jira host and the bamboo instance in this docker container.

I would also recommend trying to walk through the KB 403 - Forbidden when attempting to connect Bamboo to JIRA as a User Server.

Daniele De Francesco March 23, 2018

The host machine has an IP in the local network (10.x.x.x), tomcat (hosting jira) listens on the 8080, docker is binded on the 8085. If I go inside the container with docker exec I can curl correctly 10.x.x.x:8080. Please tell me if you need more informations.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Is Bamboo setup to use the same 10.x.x.x:8080 address to reach Jira?  Or is it perhaps using a different address like a hostname, FQDN, or other interface address?

Did you try to follow that KB?   Is Jira setup to whitlest that address and accept connections from this?

If this is still a problem, I would recommend trying the work-around in Bamboo lost connection to the external user directory preventing users from logging in.

This should then at least let you login to Bamboo as an admin.  Once you can do this, you can then try to re-establish this kind of user authentication you had before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events