Can't get bamboo to checkout source code repository

Mark McWiggins September 21, 2018

I have bamboo configured and running on Ubuntu ... I'm just trying  a simple test to get it to checkout a Git repository and run a script.

I can't get it to do the source code checkout even though the order looks right in the plan:

• Source code checkout
  • Script

The error I get is "the working directory <directoryPath> must exist before executing the process" ... I know, but I can't get it to check out the source!

There must be something simple I'm missing; help please?

1 answer

0 votes
Gerhard Forster
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hello,

when you installed Bamboo and created a build plan, you should automatically have a working directory. You could check this, for example, by adding a Scrip task to your build plan and put there:

echo ${bamboo.working.directory}

It should show something like: ~/bamboo-agent-home/xml-data/build-dir/<your JOB_KEY> The working directory is where code is checked out and worked with when the job runs.

If the above echo command shows a valid and the correct path for you, I'd assume that your Source Code Checkout task has something wrong in its configuration.

Otherwise, I can only imagine that you have defined working.directory as a global or a  plan level variable - so it substitutes the Bamboo one.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Gerhard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events