Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Bamboo to BitBucket Repositories/Application Link Failure

Christina March 31, 2020

Hello,

We have a Bamboo instance where we are upgrading to a newer OS. I was able to clone the home drive, but not the install drive for the server. I upgraded to Bamboo 7.0.2 since everything looked okay from a content and connectivity standpoint (though I didn't check the repositories connectivity before upgrading). We have SSL configured with a wildcard Go Daddy certificate that is working across all our Atlassian software.  The Application Links say they are working with each other from BitBucket to Bamboo, but it says there is a network error from Bamboo to BitBucket.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: 
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: 
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
In the log, I see: 

WARN [https-openssl-nio-443-exec-8] [DefaultApplinkStatusService] Network error while attempting to retrieve status of Application Link

[RestCapabilitiesClient] Failed to request capabilities from '<Bamboo site>/rest/capabilities': sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I think this error popped up after I updated the links for Git to the newer version of Git I installed on the new server, created a new SSH key and added the private key to bamboo in the shared credentials area and the public key to a test repository in BitBucket.  SSH and SSH Keys are enabled on BitBucket. I successfully tested with git clone in git bash. 

Our certificate was created with a java keystore separate from the cacerts file.  I added the public keys to the cacerts file in Bamboo and BitBucket, because I was at a loss. The JKS file is the same on both servers (since it's a wildcard cert).

I'm not sure where else to look. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christina April 2, 2020

I figured out the issue was with the BitBucket cert and not Bamboo. I had updated the old server.config file with the new cert instead of the BitBucket.properties file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events