Can i install bamboo under Linux to build .NET projects?

Octopus Microfinance October 9, 2014

We are moving from one server to another very soon.

I think it is clear we need to deploy bamboo on Windows platform but still need confirmation for this.

Would you kindly help me, guys?

3 answers

1 vote
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

My understanding is that this should be possible.

More precise, this scenario should be possible:

• Bamboo server on linux
  • Bamboo Remote Agents on Windows machines

One thing need to be checked, the Server Capabilities vs. Agent Capabilities (Bamboo Administration area under Build Resources)

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2014

@Mike Friedrich has described a configuration you might need: Bamboo server running on Linux and remote agents doing compilation/testing/deployments on Windows.

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

Check out http://www.mono-project.com/. There may be some changes, compromises, or even enhancements you have to do to the code to make it mono compatible but then you can compile on *nix systems as well as Windows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events