Can i have different tasks per branch?

Is it possible to have different tasks per branch rather then having to have different jobs per branch say one branch requires a argument that tells it to upload to a different part of the maven.

2 answers

No, you would need a dfferent plan.

But... you could also inject variables and depending on the variables have you scripts execute different tasks (controlled outside of Bamboo)

0 vote

I'm not sure how different are the tasks that you're planning to run. "upload to a different part of the maven" seems to be possible only by using variables on the plan/branch level. So you define plan variable mavenLocation set it on the plan level to maven-location-x, while on the branch you can set it to maven-location-y. Then your upload task can refer to such variable with ${bamboo.mavenLocation}.

As the last resort you can follow this approach: you can make your plan produce JAR artifact. Then use Deployment Project to actually upload artifact to maven. You can define multiple deployment projects, each for the branch of your plan to automatically deploy to different locations in maven.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,575 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you