Can i dump all my custom bamboo variables to a file

I have a lot of different bamboo plans and each with its own set of custom variables. I take these variables and then add them to the apache virtual hosts file. 

But that means for every virtual hosts file i need to echo the or substitute the variables to the file. IS there a way i can just tell bamboo during a plan run to get all the custom variables on the plan and just echo it out to a file?

2 answers

Thanks. Where is the log located if i dump it to log? Maybe i can then read them from the log? This would actually be a great feature in bamboo.

Log is stored at server side and agent don't have access to it. So you need to create plugin to dump all variables to file at agent side. As reference you can look at implementation of 

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.variable.debug.DumpVariablesTask from bamboo-variable-inject-plugin
0 votes

Hello @Jacobus van Heerden,

There is no built-in task for it except Dump variables to log. You can use it to debug your plan configuration

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

46 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you