Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone suggest a solution for a job import error when using the Jenkins Importer?

Jim Schwarz June 13, 2019

Bamboo is installed on the same rhel server as Jenkins.  I try to use the Jenkins Importer and feed it my Jenkins home directory.  I get this error...

No importable Job configurations found in the specified location. See Import log for details.

The import log contains this...
Job name: FileMove
SEVERITY: FATAL
Exception while reading data from /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/FileMove: java.io.IOException: Unable to read /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/FileMove/config.xml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Job name: Deploy
Exception while reading data from /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Deploy: java.io.IOException: Unable to read /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Deploy/config.xml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Job name: Refresh
Exception while reading data from /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Refresh: java.io.IOException: Unable to read /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Refresh/config.xml
Job name: Test
Exception while reading data from /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Test: java.io.IOException: Unable to read /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Test/config.xml

All of the .xml files exist and are world readable on the file system so I don't know why it would find the files but not be able to read them.  However, I am using Jenkins folders and I think that these config.xml files are for the folders, and not the jobs that are in the folders.  The actual jobs would be further down the path similar to this...
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Refresh/jobs/RefreshPipeline
Those jobs are not getting found or listed to be imported by the Jenkins Importer.
Is the Jenkins Importer unable to handle folders in Jenkins or is there something else going on that I don't understand?
Is there a way for me to get this working and import my Jenkins jobs?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2019

Hello @Jim Schwarz

Due to the nature of this problem, we will need to request from you instance data and therefore it will require a different support channel to handle it privately.

I've opened a support ticket for you to allow us investigating this problem. As soon as you get it, please share with us the following:

• The version of Bamboo and Jenkins used
  • The top headers of the config.xml files generated by Jenkins. They would be something similar to:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Also if you can share the data you are trying to import it would be also very useful to simplify our investigation.

Thank you!

Kevin Wang March 21, 2022

Hi @Daniel Santos ,

I met the similar issue recently, my Bamboo version is 8.0.4, Jenkins version is 2.319.1

XML file header:

<?xml version='1.1' encoding='UTF-8'?>

And there is no plugin used.

Any suggestions for the fix are highly appreciated~

Thanks a lot!

Brs// Kevin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events