Can I use a IAM role attached to a bamboo ec2 instance instead to spin up elastic images?

Juan Antonio Ang Chua September 8, 2021

Hi, at the moment we use access key/secret key to spin up new elastic instances in our aws account, is it possible to instead use a iam role, which is attached to the bamboo server,  on the elastic bamboo configuration?

I have the 

Identity Federation for AWS - Connectors

plugin enabled, and its able to see the iam role, but the configuration for elastic bamboo only allows for access key/secret key. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Juan Antonio Ang Chua,

Thank you for using our apps!

Identity Federation for AWS (Bamboo) indeed supports providing AWS security credentials via an IAM role for EC2/ECS as of release 2.14.

Unfortunately the Bamboo architecture does not allow third-party apps to provide the AWS access credentials used for Configuring Elastic Bamboo, i.e. this capability is solely controlled by Atlassian - please watch and vote for the following feature requests to raise Atlassian's priority for addressing this notable limitation (the issues are overlapping and might be considered duplicates, but have evolved separately):

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2021

I am not sure but as far as I remember it asks access key/secret key in the agent configuration page. But the ideal way to spin up new bamboo agents imust be using IAM role. Atlassian should add this feature into their Bamboo backlog.

0 votes
Juan Antonio Ang Chua September 8, 2021

I have the 

Identity Federation for AWS - Connectors

plugin enabled, and its able to see the iam role, but the configuration for elastic bamboo only allows for access key/secret key. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events