Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I display Bamboo pipeline on Hygieia Dashboard using Pre Post Build Command Runner add on?

buradeshruti December 12, 2018

I want to display my Bamboo pipeline results on Hygieia dashboard. Where and how can I configure it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2018

Hi @buradeshruti,

I don't think that we have an easy way to do it. It would require an extra feature in Bamboo.

You can get details from a Job execution using the Pre Post plugin. This would require a configuration for every Job which you want to get details from.

Another option could be a final task on the last stage of your build, but this option would an inconvenient also. Any build that has manual stages would not be tracked until the last stage was run.

We could also think on mail notifications. If you configure Bamboo mail notifications and consume a mail queue from an external app that would feed Hygieia, that may give you what you want.

By the way, Have you checked the Bamboo wallboard ?
If the information you need is in that wallboard you could try requesting that page and parsing the results to feed Hygieia.

That is the best I can think of. I hope that helps.

buradeshruti April 2, 2019

Hi @Daniel Santos ,

Thanks for the response.

I have checked the Bamboo Wallboard. It displays only the status(pass/fail) of latest build, as in it does not display the pipeline. 

I guess we need a Hygieia Plugin for Bamboo, which we will need to configure in Bamboo. That will push the pipeline data on Hygieia server. 

This option will involve writing altogether new Plugin. 

I came across 2 Atlassian Apps, Pipeline Flow For Bamboo and Pipeline. 

Pipeline App has option to display as Wallboard.

I am exploring the Pipeline app from Atlassian Marketplace. I have 2 questions with it(this is out of topic form the original question asked, but if you can answer it will be helpful):

1) Can we mark the manual stage as failed in Bamboo?

2)  Does Pipeline app display the execution time of stage?

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2019

Hi @buradeshruti

I just wanted to highlight, both plugins you shared are from third-party developers and are not even supported by them.

Answering your questions:

1) Can we mark the manual stage as failed in Bamboo?

No, you will need to change the build, to make it fail and rerun it to change the build result.

2)  Does Pipeline app display the execution time of stage?

I don't know. This plugin is only compatible with the Bamboo version from  5.5.0 - 5.14.5. I'm not really sure if it will help you.

You may want to talk to the plugin developer about your interest on it https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/1211496/cdk-global.

As far as I can tell, Bamboo does not have internal consolidated information about stage execution time, but it does have for jobs. A plugin could use the jobs execution details to build this information.

I hope I could help you move forward. 

buradeshruti April 3, 2019

Is there any supported plugin by Atlassian to display the Bamboo Pipeline on JIRA or Confluence or Wallboard?

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2019

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events