Can I disable ALL builds BEFORE startup of migrated secondary test instance via config settings?

timothy schmidt January 21, 2019

I want to test the import of a primary bamboo server instance's data.

However, I do NOT want all the plans to start checking and building on restart of the test instance.

Is there a config file setting that I can set to affect a PAUSE as it were before starting up the BAMBOO windows service after a successful IMPORT?

I could do a BULK PLAN disable before exporting, but in cases where some plans are already disabled, this is not a good methology, as it requires saving the state of all plans so one can accurately set them all back correctly after the IMPORT.

I could try to PAUSE the test server via REST API immediately after starting up the test instance but I'm not sure this guarantees that no plans would get started during that window of time during startup.

Thanks!

T.S.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

You can achieve this via the BUILDING_DISABLED system property (usually by passing -Datlassian.bamboo.build.disable=true at startup):

Disable triggering plans globally in Bamboo. Plan can be started manually only.

Please note that this only works as expected for Bamboo >= 6.3.1, see the following issue for details: 

Perfect!

BTW .. Other than modifying my startup config as shown here :

config.PNG

Do you know if I add & modify the atlassian.bamboo.build.disable="true" definition to a config file to achieve the same effect?

Thank you again...

T.S.

It's looking like for a windows' service it could only be the bamboo\bin\service.bat file.

One would modify the  --JvmOptions  string as appropriate and de-install/re-install the service. Kinda belabored for just that one change...

So I guess the the "properties" interface way IS actually simpler (with a service stop/start) thrown in too ...( :-)

Cheers!  

T.S.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

Agreed - it's kinda weird that the only alternative option seems to be the service startup wrapper itself (also on Linux), but that's were we stand apparently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events