Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Bamboo send build notifications in the form of JIRA issue comments?

Aaron Cunnington April 16, 2016

Simply - I would like for Bamboo to add a comment to a JIRA issue when the build fails or completes successfully for the first time. JIRA and Bamboo are linked, so Bamboo is able to see the issue number for branch builds since we always use the issue key in the branch name.

I couldn't find an option in the recipient type dropdown for commenting on a JIRA issue. 

Is it possible?

4 answers

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2016

I'm not aware of an existing add-on that covers this kind of functionality (see my comment for an eventual future option). Accordingly, you'd need do resort to implementing your own along the following lines:

1. Create a bare Bamboo Plugin (Add-on)
  2. Implement a Notification Plugin Module
  3. Implement the commenting logic via Application Links
  4. (Optional) Publish your add-on on the Atlassian Marketplace

I realize that this is not the answer you've been hoping for, but maybe it still helps to gauge your options and priorities.

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2016

Hi Aaron, thanks for the additional information. I've been asking because we (Utoolity) are currently developing a new add-on that will ultimately allow to address such custom notification/automation scenarios fairly quickly.

However, we are still in the alpha phase, and more importantly, release 1.0 will require your own AWS account. This is obviously a barrier for adoption, so we are also exploring options to offer using a Utoolity AWS account down the road.

Accordingly, this won't help you right now -  please don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to discuss this option regardless, we are always keen to learn about specific use cases and adjusting our roadmap accordingly.

0 votes
Aaron Cunnington April 16, 2016

Hi Steffen, I'm looking for a Bamboo Server solution. We are running Bamboo 5.10.3 at the moment. We don't currently have an AWS account.

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2016

@Aaron Cunnington - are you looking for a solution for Bamboo Cloud or Bamboo Server? And do you by chance have an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account already?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events