Is it possible to connect a bamboo server to a private repository hosted on Bitbucket Cloud using SSH? I couldn't seem to find an option to do that using the admin interface but the document suggested it's possible.
Step 5.3 under Configure a Bitbucket Source Repository
Atlassian support got this figured out for me (BSP-33950), too bad this isn't in any of the documention:
When setting up a Bitbucket Cloud linked repository, Bamboo first needs the username and password to retrieve the list of repositories from Bitbucket Cloud. After selecting the repository, users can then decide what type of authentication to use for the checkout.
SSH authentication is only used for Git checkouts, the username and password are still needed to authenticate and get the list of repositories. To eliminate the use of username and password, users have the option to create a Git type linked repository instead. In this repository type, users can define the clone URL manually and define the authentication to use. Since Bamboo does not need to retrieve the repository list, username and password can be eliminated this way.
I ran into another issue, potentially because we have 2 factor auth turned on: Failed to load data from Bitbucket. com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bitbucket.api.BitbucketApiException: HTTP 403 To make an API call, you need to use an app password.
So, you'll need to create an app password to use with bamboo.
- Go to http://bitbucket.org/account/user/<YOUR_USER>
- Click on "App passwords" on the section "Access Management"
- Create an app password, setting permissions as desired.
- Now you have a unique password specially for applications that won't expire.Next step of the process:
- Go to Bamboo, and create a new Bitbucket Cloud repository.
- Choose "Provide username and password".
- Provide your username and the password you just generated (app password).
- Set "Authentication Type" as "SSH Private key".
- Select "Use shared credentials".
- Chose your credential.
- Test the connection.
Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs