Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BuildAgentRequirementFilter does not filter agents

Harris Kristanto Husien March 25, 2020

Dear All, 

I'd like to set up a bamboo plugin that implements BuildAgentRequirementFilter module. Unfortunately, when I override filter function, it seems that the Collection<BuildAgent> agents returns unfiltered lists rather than a collection of agents filtered by requirements. Please see below code as an example:

public Collection<BuildAgent> filter(CommonContext buildContext, Collection<BuildAgent> agents, MinimalRequirementSet requirementSet) {
agents.toString(); //return all available agents instead of filtered agents
return agents;
}

Is it the expected behavior? if yes, is there any way for me to get the list of filtered agents based on requirements?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2020

It's expected behaviour.

Why do you need filtered agents? Filter the agents based on your criteria, let Bamboo filter them by requirements afterwards.

Harris Kristanto Husien March 26, 2020

Hmm understood... I was a bit confused as the behavior is different on Bamboo version < 6.9.x where the agents are already filtered by Bamboo requirements before we filter it further with our criteria.

Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2020

We made this change, because in our experience, plugin-provided filtering is (usually) faster than filtering by requirements, so it makes sense to apply it first.

Harris Kristanto Husien March 27, 2020

@Marcin Gardias  thanks for the explanation...  by the way, where can I find this kind of information (about changes) in the future?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events