It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

BuildAgentRequirementFilter does not filter agents

Dear All, 

I'd like to set up a bamboo plugin that implements BuildAgentRequirementFilter module. Unfortunately, when I override filter function, it seems that the Collection<BuildAgent> agents returns unfiltered lists rather than a collection of agents filtered by requirements. Please see below code as an example:

public Collection<BuildAgent> filter(CommonContext buildContext, Collection<BuildAgent> agents, MinimalRequirementSet requirementSet) {
agents.toString(); //return all available agents instead of filtered agents
return agents;
}

Is it the expected behavior? if yes, is there any way for me to get the list of filtered agents based on requirements?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It's expected behaviour.

Why do you need filtered agents? Filter the agents based on your criteria, let Bamboo filter them by requirements afterwards.

Hmm understood... I was a bit confused as the behavior is different on Bamboo version < 6.9.x where the agents are already filtered by Bamboo requirements before we filter it further with our criteria.

Marcin_Gardias Atlassian Team Friday

We made this change, because in our experience, plugin-provided filtering is (usually) faster than filtering by requirements, so it makes sense to apply it first.

@Marcin_Gardias  thanks for the explanation...  by the way, where can I find this kind of information (about changes) in the future?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.0 is here!

Hello Community, I’m Martyna Wojtas, product manager on Bamboo, and I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.0 is here! In this platform release, we have improved the Bamboo experience for eve...

1,996 views 32 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you