Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root


1 badge earned


Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!


Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.


Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!


Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

Build freezes when git "checkout" starts

I've used Bamboo for years, mostly Red Hat.  I've never seen this issue before.  I have a remote agent that I had to change the user ID.  I deleted the old agent and added a new agent with the same agent name under the new user ID with a different Bamboo home.  Now when the plan runs on this agent, as soon as it gets to checking out the git repository, the build freezes.  No output comes to the log, the 3 minute build has run over a weekend and doesn't finish.  This build worked fine under the old user ID.  Perhaps I missed some cleanup of the old user ID?  The first step is an SVN checkout, which completes.

2 answers

I've changed the git repository from git to https format as an experiment.  The Bamboo logs show no issues.  I've opened a ticket with Atlassian support as well.  A git clone on the remote agent, done manually from the command line, also work.

I just changed the plan to run on another machine and the build hangs in the same way.  So, I can eliminate the newly changed user ID as the initial attempt, since the agent I am running with today is run as a different user ID.  So, something about the plan itself is corrupted, perhaps.  I've restarted the build agent, removed the repository definition and re-added it to the plan.  (It is a linked repository, so I just re-added it.)

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events