Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch plan only updates spec configuration instead of running the actual plan

Ilkka Veima September 16, 2020

Hi,

I had a working plan to create a branch plan whenever a pull-request was opened on Bitbucket. Bamboo would create a branch plan for the pull-request and run the plan.
The plan is created using Bamboo java-specs.

After a commit to change another plan, Bamboo still creates a new branch plan whenever a pull-request is opened, but instead of running the plan, Bamboo just runs an update for the plan configuration "Specs configuration updated".

I have tried to delete and recreate the plans by scanning the bamboo specs again, but the same behaviour persists. I have also made additional changes for the plan that defines the branch plan configuration as well as other bamboo plans, but when a pull-request plan is created it still runs a specs configuration update instead of the specified build jobs and the shows the same commit as the source of the bamboo specs changes.

It seems to me that the plan that defines the branching configuration is somehow out of sync with the bamboo specs even after deleting and recreating all the plans.

Has anyone faced anything similar?

kuva.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ilkka Veima September 30, 2020

Managed to work around the problem by re-creating the pull-request plans by hand using the Bamboo UI and deleting the misbehaving plans and related java-specs.

I will try re-creating the plans from java-specs with different plan keys later. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events