Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot strap error

Matthew Lyons April 3, 2018

I upgraded to  Atlassian Bamboo version 6.4.1 build 60405 - 19 Mar 18 as recommended. I ran a restore to get back our configuration and settings but all I'm getting is:

You cannot access Bamboo at present. Look at the table below to identify the reasons:

TimeLevelTypeDescriptionException

2018-04-03 10:46:12fatalbootstrapBamboo bootstrap failed: Failed to run pre-bootstrap upgrade tasks. Please contact Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Lyons April 3, 2018

Thanks for the reply - it appears the sever has multiple installs and the update did not install in the same location as the previously working install. However I've had to go back to the previous version as it gave database incompatibility errors when installed in the correct folder.

I will create a new VM and install from scratch there.

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Good Luck!

0 votes
Praveen Reddy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 9, 2024

I also faced the same issue. Below are the troubleshooting steps that resolved the issue for me.

After installing Bamboo on the VM, EC2 Instance or Local Machine, the Bamboo folder will contain start-bamboo.bat and stop-bamboo.bat files. However, upon starting the Bamboo service, these .bat files do not automatically run. Therefore, we need to manually execute the .bat files as script or command files using the scripts mentioned below.

Script - 1

########|Bamboo Start|########

@echo OFF
ECHO Bamboo start
cd C:\Program Files\Bamboo #Provide the exact path of .bat file
bin\start-bamboo.bat

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Script - 2

########|Bamboo Stop|########

@echo OFF
ECHO Bamboo stop
cd C:\Program Files\Bamboo #Provide the exact path of .bat file
bin\stop-bamboo.bat

Note: First run the "stop" script and then run the "start" script.

• If you are facing error do the same process again. It worked for me.

Remember to adjust the instructions based on your specific environment (VM, EC2 instance, or local machine).

Hope this will help, for more troubleshooting tips you can refer below link. 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-installation-guide-289276785.html

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your question!

The error message you are seeing in Bamboo UI is very generic. I would recommend digging into the logs at "<bamboo_home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log" or the Catalina logs - "<Bamboo-Install>/logs/*"

This will give you more meaningful answer to exactly what you could be hitting and then we can try to figure out what is wrong.

Thanks,

Robhit

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events