Binding Cucumber test results with Bamboo build

Johnson Eapen October 24, 2013

We are using Cucumber JVM for writing our acceptance tests and we have Bamboo as our CI and Gradle as the build tool. Currently we are using the Cucumber Bamboo plugin to see the test results.

Is there a way we can bind these test results to the Bamboo build itself, so that we can tell that a build has failed based on the results generated by Cucumber.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

2 answers

1 vote
VikasB July 19, 2016

You can use Cucumber For Bamboo plugin. This plugin adds Cucumber parsers in Build as well ad Deployment plans. It provides options to pass or fail build if any test is failed or based on failure threshold or can just print test results in Log without affecting deployment status.
The plugin also adds new UI elements to display deployment tests, Cucumbers results and pie chart of tests. It also has features to automatically link tests with JIRA issues.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mdb.plugins.cucumberforbamboo/server/overview

janakik December 6, 2018

Hi Vikas

I tried to use in deployment project but I could not hook the results to show up in the bamboo server after the deployment is success, but I can see the cucumber_parser results in the logs. Any help is much appreciated.

VikasB February 21, 2019

If you can send logs to vikasborse@autotestingtools.com I could help.

0 votes
Alan Parkinson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

The updated version of Cucumber Reports for Bamboo (Renamed BDD Insights for Bamboo) now binds Cucumber-JVM test results to the Bamboo within the "Tests" tab 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events