Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Best way to organize a development environment for Bamboo Java Specs

Edited

I have a client new to the Atlassian family.  They jumped into a fairly complex Java Specs to manage a set of several hundred API endpoints. It is working fine, but any changes are being developed and applied directly in the production spec. 

Now that they are past the initial setup, they would like to create a good development environment.  I would like to know how others are doing it.  They use gitflow in app dev.

1. are you using non-master branches of the same repo for development or a whole different repo?  How are your prod and non-prod java spec scan repos configured?

2. when testing, do you build your non-production jobs on your production Bamboo box or a separate non-prod box?

3. have you automated any required changes in the non-prod code (like the URL of the bamboo server if you use a different one)?

If you know of a resource in the Atlassian documentation that helps with this, I would appreciate a reference.  I have come up empty.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center 8.1 is now available

G’day Bamboo customers, Bamboo DC 8.1 is now available with it the following features and programs: SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, and Crowd SSO In order to help admins with a simplified user manage...

167 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you