cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo

M_Tayyab
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2020

what's a advantage the use of Bamboo.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2020

It's a rather nice build service.  Probably in the top part of a very very swamped market for them.

In some ways, I'd rate it higher than Jenkins (which is generally seen as the "best" CICD tool currently) because

• it's got a simple and clear UI that seems to make sense to most (I find myself regularly having to show people around Jenkins because it's not as clear)
  • It can do everything you want from a CICD tool, like all the others
  • It has a good "this version is in that environment" report built-in, which the competetion all seem to need plugins for (this is rather unusual for Atlassian - most Atlassian stuff needs plugins to get the clever functions out, but in the case of Bamboo, it's the other way around - most of the competition needs plugins to be clever)
  • It, of course, works well with other Atlassian applications (another set of plugins you don't need)
Gordon Churchill September 15, 2022

Second this, over Jenkins. The problem with our former Jenkins installation is you're on your own with regard to problems/support. Great if you know how to fix whatever is ailing Jenkins at the time but what you think you save in upfront costs you pay for in your maintenance time.

Besides all the niceties mentioned from the reply above, Bamboo has a fairly consistent support structure with *far* less time required to keep it running. This is almost a set-it-and-forget-it build system with some caveats depending on how you configure your build server(s). I've also been quite pleased with "you get what you pay for" because my time is valuable. Showing off Bamboo capabilities to more team members across our org is a better use of my time than Jenkins maintenance. Also I have to say I love the integration with Bitbucket & Jira in particular.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events