Bamboo unattended setup/configuration post installation

Scott Burks February 21, 2013

I understand I can do the installation itself unattended but I was really trying to determine if its possible to do the setup and configuration unattended. By that I mean the setup/config that is done during the setup wizard. Can this be done from the command line? This is the piece I'm really interested in automating as the installation itself is pretty easy to automate...

Thanks,

Scott

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Burks February 26, 2013

I looked at that URL but I couldn't find anything related to unattended installation or even the appropriate config files I need to modify in order to bypass doing the setup wizard piece of the configuration. Basically what I'm looking for is a "complete" way of doing an unattended installation from beginning to end without intervention by the end user. This included the database setup config and any other setup and config.

Richard Cross September 7, 2016

Did you ever manage this?  I've been trying the same, and come to the conclusion that you need to run through the attended installation once, and then capture the HSQL defaultdb (to which at least one local user has been added) and distribute that along with a custom bamboo.cfg.xml and bamboo-init.properties.

Scott Burks September 7, 2016

Yes I actually was able a few years ago to successfully get a FULLY automated deployment of both Bamboo Server and Bamboo Agent running against an external Oracle Server using Chef.  So what I did is very similar to what you mentioned except that I actually stood up a RHEL VM to run Bamboo Server as well as an Oracle Server running on a separate RHEL VM.  I then did the standard installation capturing the install and configuration.  I exported that to a file, something like expbamboo.dat.  Then with the Chef cookbooks I did the install, configuration and finally the import of the expbamboo.dat file into my newly built Oracle Server RHEL VM.  Took some finagling with Chef recipes and I utilized bamboo_external.cfg.xml.  I was even able to get it hooked into our Crowd server in an automated way so SSO worked smile

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Hi,

Yes, even running the wizard, you'll be putting your settings on configuration files. Take a look into this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO040/Bamboo+EAR-WAR+installation+guide , I believe that this may help you.

Lucas Lima

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events