Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo unable to find the file

karthickmurugadhas January 8, 2020

Build is running as a Remote Agent (Windows Server 2012) and the Remote Agent is running as a service and configured with correct Log on Account. The EXE 'streams.exe' is placed inside the path "C:\Windows\System32" and this path is mentioned under the system variable.

Just to cross verify, in the bamboo plan, I have executed the command "echo %PATH%" and I can confirm the path "C:\Windows\System32" is present. But when I call the command streams.exe in my bamboo plan it gives the below error message.

streams.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command

I have verified many times that the file is present inside the path "C:\Windows\System32" on the Remote Agent. To further troubleshoot the issue, in the Bamboo Plan, I have given the below commands.

cd C:\Windows\System32

dir /s /b streams.exe

But it gives "File Not Found".

When the file is present in the machine why Bamboo cannot list it?

1 answer

1 vote
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

@karthickmurugadhas Can you try to move streams.exe to another folder under a user folder and add that folder to PATH variable to see if that works for you?

karthickmurugadhas January 9, 2020

Yes this works.  Any more details  of this behavior? I mean why Bamboo cannot pick/find files under C:\Windows\System32 when it is configured in PATH ?

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

I thought, it probably limits to access to system folder in order to protect agents

Normal practice, we should leave our custom executable in our custom folders instead of leaving there

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2020

@karthickmurugadhas Can you accept the answer if that works for you? So other people having the same problem will benefit from it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events