Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo specs - BitbucketServerRepository::sshPrivateKey does not work

koudis July 30, 2018

I have problem with Bamboo Specs for Bamboo 6.3.1.

I want to set own Private/Public key for BitbucketServerRepository like

project_key = _project_key;
repository_slug = _repository_slug;
branch_name = branch;
ApplicationLink link = new ApplicationLink()
.name(Main.BITBUCKET_NAME);
this.sshPrivateKey(load_private_ssh_key());
this.sshPublicKey(load_public_ssh_key());
this.server(link);
this.sshCloneUrl("ssh://<server>" + project_key + "/" + repository_slug + ".git");
this.repositorySlug(repository_slug);
this.projectKey(project_key);
this.name(Main.BITBUCKET_BAMBOO_NAME + project_key + repository_slug + branch);
this.branch(branch);
this.submodulesEnabled(true);
this.commandTimeoutInMinutes(120);
this.remoteAgentCacheEnabled(false);
this.fetchWholeRepository(true);

(Replace <server> with valid server address)

Everything publish without problems, but Bamboo generate NEW keys in my Bitbucket server even if I have specified private/public pair.

What's wrong?

Thans for any advise :),

John

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hi @koudis,

If you want to make use of your own SSH key, then you should be looking at https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/6.3.1/specs-java.html#git, creating a "new GitRepository()", however, since you are setting up a Bitbucket Server repository in Bamboo, you should let Bamboo manage the SSH keys on your behalf. This is the same behavior as when creating a Bitbucket Server repository from Bamboo's UI.

Could you please attempt on running the following instead (doing the replaces), letting us know how it goes.

Plan plan = new Plan(project, planName, planKey)
    .planRepositories(new BitbucketServerRepository()
        .name("my-bitbucket-repository")
        .server(bitbucketServerApplink)
        .projectKey("BBSPROJECT")
        .repositorySlug("my-repository-slug")
        .branch("master")
        .sshPrivateKey(sshPrivateKey)
        .sshPublicKey(sshPublicKey));

Extracted from Bitbucket Server Git repository - Authentication

Furthermore, it is recommended making use of Bitbucket Server as Repository Host over Git due to Benefits of integration

Kind regards,

Rafael

koudis July 30, 2018

It does not work. 

If I publish Plan by SPECS and set explicit Private/public keys in repository configurations   it generetes own set of private/public keys and ignored my pp pair.

koudis July 30, 2018

@rsperafico It does not work. 

If I publish Plan by SPECS and set explicit Private/public keys in repository configuration   it generetes own set of private/public keys and ignored my pp pair.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2018

Hi @koudis,

Thank you for your update.

A bug has been filed in our issue tracker (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20012 - Cannot set up custom SSH keys in Bamboo Java Specs) describing the issue you have reported.

Whilst the issue is not addressed, please continue on using Bitbucket Server as Repository Host instead of Git due to Benefits of integration and let Bamboo manage the SSH keys for you.

Kind regards,

Rafael

koudis July 30, 2018

@rsperafico We upgraded to Bamboo 6.6.1 - same problem.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2018

Hi @koudis,

Thank you for your update.

There was no need to upgrade Bamboo 6.6.1 as the bug raised (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-20012 - Cannot set up custom SSH keys in Bamboo Java Specs) already mention the feature is not working as described in documentation, but thank you for the effort.

If you visit the link mentioned, you should find Fix Version/s: in it, in which describes in which version the bug will have its fix.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events