Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo source code checkout task failing

sangeetha May 27, 2019

Cannot fetch branch '(unresolved) HashAndSource{refName=[null], branch=[release/February], hash=[commitid]}' from 'bitbucket url' to source directory 'bambooagentlinuxpath/bamboo_home/xml-data/build-dir/_git-repositories-cache/'. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /tmp/bamboo-ssh.: Operation not permitted

Bamboo agents are running in Linux machines .This error occurs specifically to a particular agent

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2019

Hi @sangeetha

I would check a few things first:

1. Do you have a native GIT installation in this remote agent? If not Bamboo may be using JGIT which is more error-prone.
  2. The OS on this agent does not allow running scripts at the /tmp directory.
  3. The git cache is corrupted.

1 -
 Will require installing git and adding it as a capability.

2 -
 Will involve editing the agent configuration so it has a different temp directory that can run scripts.
For this you need:

1. Stop the agent
  2. Edit the <Bamboo_Agent_Home>/conf/wrapper.conf to add an additional java parameter like the following line:
    wrapper.java.additional.3=-Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/tmp
    ⚠️ In case the number 3 is used you will need to change it to a different number available.
  3. Start the agent again

3 - Just a removing the folder caches folder will force the agent to create a new one

1. Stop the agent
  2. Remove the bambooagentlinuxpath/bamboo_home/xml-data/build-dir/_git-repositories-cache folder
  3. Start the agent

I hope that helps you to move forward.

sangeetha May 28, 2019

Thanks Daniel. Removing the cache folder as mentioned inn step 3 worked

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

That is great! I'm glad to help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events